The following information is designed to inform interested parties about a career as a Suzuki teacher. The Suzuki Method of teaching is a specialized field and on going teacher training is essential.
For general information on the philosophy of the Suzuki Method, please click here.
The applicant should be aware that there needs to be.
- genuine interest in and affection for children.
- a capacity to work successfully with children and their parents.
- an ability to work with colleagues in a noncompetitive environment.
- an understanding for continued study and self-improvement.
- a commitment to the State association and a willingness to be involved in association affairs.
There will be an initial interview with a Suzuki teacher trainer who will answer your questions and explain the ongoing professional development requirements.
There is a minimum entry age of 18 years.
After the initial interview the applicant will be required to perform a prescribed piece or pieces of music and if successful will be issued with a training manual and assigned a teacher trainer who will supervise ongoing training and encourage you.
Once the required annual membership fee is paid, the applicants name will then be added to the Suzuki teacher register and the Suzuki web teacher register.